Do you know someone who works from home? I bet they’ve said how great it is. Well, they lied to you. It sucks. Here’s why:
- You have bad hair. It’s that extra hour in bed every morning. I heard lie-ins at the weekend are bad for you. And this is every single weekday. It’s terrifying.
- You can’t forget your trainers. No more excuses to avoid lunchtime runs. What an absolute nightmare.
- You always need the loo. Back in the office, seven cups of tea every day bordered on socially unacceptable. Now you can drink all the tea in the world. Delicious.
- You have to make your own lunch. Who has the energy to butter bread and grate cheese? Seriously. Remember those days of wandering into town and eating like a hero? They’re gone. What on Earth to do with an extra £25-a-week? Maybe I’ll buy a hair brush.
- Your car hates you. The battery went flat again. Lucky the commute is just across the garden. Lovely.
- You look like a thug. But hoodies and tracksuit bottoms are soooo comfortable. Penguin slippers too.
- You are all alone. No meetings, distractions or bosses. You actually get to do some work. It’s strange.
If working from home is the future, we’re all doomed.